Public Hearing on District of Innovation
What: Public Hearing on District of Innovation
When: Monday, July 13, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Chilton Secondary School Library
On Monday, July 13, 2020 the Chilton ISD Board of Trustees will hold a public hearing to consider whether the Chilton Independent School District should develop a local innovation plan for the designation of the district as a District of Innovation to consider the following:
- Flexibility with the School Calendar
- Career and Technology Education Certifications
- Chapter 21 Contract Specifications
- Probationary Contracts
- Inter-district Transfers
- Behavior Coordinator
- 90% Attendance Rules
- Professional Development and Mentor Teacher Designation
- Local School Health Advisory Council and Health Education Instruction
- Class Size in Kindergarten Through Fourth Grades
- School District Depository Contract
At the conclusion of the public hearing or as soon as possible after conclusion of the public hearing, the Board of Trustees may:
1. Decline to pursue designation of the district as a District of Innovation; or 2. Appoint a committee to develop a local innovation plan in accordance with Section 12A.003 of the Texas Education Code.
The public hearing will be held prior to and in conjunction with the regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Trustees, which will begin at 7:00 p.m. in Chilton ISD Secondary Library at 905 Durango Ave, Chilton, TX, 76632.