In an effort to maintain the health and safety of our community, we will continue with virtual learning through Friday, October 23, 2020. Over the weekend of October 9th through 11th we saw an increase to 18 active cases within the Chilton ISD community. By remaining closed another week, we anticipate most of these cases to resolve and the active infection rate to approach 0% before a full return. In addition, there are several additional actions that we are taking to ensure the safety of students and staff members:
- We have installed the Ecoloxtech hypochlorous acid machines and we are working to place foggers in each classroom that will allow safe, intermittent disinfection of all classrooms prior to transitions.
- On Monday, October 19, 2020 Chilton ISD nursing personnel will begin training to implement in-district, rapid COVID-19 testing for students and staff members in the Chilton ISD for an added layer of safety.
- The Chilton ISD is anticipating the addition of a CNA position to monitor and meet the healthcare needs of students and staff members within the Chilton ISD community more adequately.
While we continue to take these measures to ensure a safe campus learning environment, we encourage all families to ensure responsible practices while in the community. Contact tracing has revealed that over 75% of cases connected to the Chilton ISD originated outside of the district. This public health crisis will require all of us working collaboratively to ensure a safe learning environment for our students.
The following athletic activities will resume beginning Monday, October 19, 2020:
- Junior Varsity and Varsity practices from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. We are working to update our volleyball schedule.
- Junior Varsity and Varsity football practices from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Please note that the next varsity football game is scheduled for Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. versus Frost at the Chilton ISD Athletic Complex.
For all student athletes, coaches, and sponsors, gaiters are now a requirement during practice and competition. There will be no exceptions. Please understand that the failure to comply will result in suspension from extra-curricular activities.
Additionally, teachers will be allowed to work from classrooms beginning Monday, October 19, 2020. However, temperature checks and clock-in procedures will be strictly enforced. Additionally, face coverings will continue to be required when using common areas and/or when social distancing is not possible.
There are still hotspots available for families without access to internet. Elementary parents can call 254-546-1225 or email email@example.com. Secondary parents can call 254-546-1224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions, please contact email@example.com or call 254-546-1227. Thank you all for your support and flexibility as we continue to navigate this public health crisis.
Brandon K. Hubbard, Superintendent of Schools