Good Morning Chilton ISD Family.
On Sunday, August 16, 2020 the Chilton ISD was notified of an employee and female student-athlete (within the same residence) exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. At that time, Chilton ISD Administration enacted established procedures in response to an employee or student showing COVID-19 symptoms. On Monday, August 17, 2020, the Chilton ISD Administration was notified that symptoms increased for the employee and that the student-athlete received a positive result from rapid testing. Even though no other employees and students within the Chilton ISD is exhibiting symptoms and those with a positive result or exhibiting symptoms are within the same household, we are taking the following actions:
- The Chilton ISD will close all buildings for deep sanitation and cleaning for 72 hours. We are asking all teachers, paraprofessionals, and administration to work from home over the next 72 hours.
- Those student-athletes and employees directly impacted by this situation have been personally notified.
- We will continue with the COVID-19 Testing Clinic in the gymnasium on Friday, August 21, 2020. Today is the final day to sign up for testing in Chilton ISD.
- We will postpone the start of in-person instruction until after the Clinic and all results are back.
- For now, all girls’ athletic events are cancelled through Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Tuesday, August 18, 2020 thru Thursday, August 20, 2020: District Facilities closed for Deep Sanitation and Administrative Contact Tracing
- Friday, August 21, 2020: Chilton ISD Community COVID Clinic. The Mandatory meeting for virtual students will be postponed until the following Friday.
- Monday, August 24, 2020: COVID Testing Results arrive within the portal (School start date will be postponed)
- Tuesday, August 25, 2020 thru Friday, August 28, 2020: Staff development resumes
- Thursday, August 27, 2020: Open House Event. We will use the same schedule as posted for Thursday, August 20, 2020.
- Monday, August 31, 2020: School starts In-Person or Virtually for Chilton ISD
Posted Below is a Tentative Schedule of Events within the Chilton ISD:
Though we believe that our protocols and processes have limited the transmission of COVID-19 within our district, we are postponing our start until testing confirms what we believe. Though I am anxious to get school started for our students, I am committed to moving as slow as we must to ensure that our procedures are effective in mitigating the spread within our district. At present, no other employees or student-athletes are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. Thus, I am cautiously optimistic that our sanitation plan, PPE requirements, and other protocols are working as planned. We will continue to make adjustments and adaptations toward the safety of all Chilton ISD stakeholders. The Administrative is continuing to work out details of all schedule adjustments.
Brandon K. Hubbard, Superintendent of Schools