Dear Chilton ISD Resident:
On January 23, 2022, the Chilton ISD School Board voted to seek voter approval for a $14 million bond issue. This process has been a community effort over the last year with a volunteer Bond Planning Committee. The Committee included citizens, city leaders, both current and past board members, teachers, parents, and students. The Committee dedicated several months to data collection, evaluations, and planning to put this bond package together. This plan includes: safety and security upgrades to both campuses, renovations to the primary school, and upgrades to the existing Ag Shop and Gym.
The district’s financial advisor has determined that there would be a school tax rate increase to
finance this bond. This will include an increase to the district’s I&S tax rate of $0.2961 cents
per $100 valuation. Projects will be funded based on new valuations and growth within the district. The district’s 2023 bond package includes:
Proposition A ($14 million)
● Safety & security upgrades to the Primary as well as the Secondary campus
● Renovations to the Primary school including to restrooms, classrooms, common areas, and the library
● Adding classroom space to the existing high school to allow for removal of the existing portable classrooms to enhance safety and security
● Upgrades to the existing Ag Shop
● An expanded and renovated cafetorium
● A new band hall with storage space
● Added locker rooms and weight room to the existing gym
● Updated playgrounds
Chilton ISD residents will have the opportunity to vote on the proposition above beginning with
early voting on April 24 – May 2, 2023, and on Election Day, which is May 6, 2023.
If you would like more information, please contact Dr. Brandon Hubbard: email@example.com or visit ChiltonISDBond.com.
Dr. Brandon Hubbard, Superintendent of Schools