The Chilton ISD Board of Trustees voted to appoint a trustee to fill the Board of Trustee vacancy created by the recent resignation of Trustee Jeremy Haak. The board will accept applications from community members interested in being appointed to the Chilton ISD Board of Trustees. The application will be posted to the Chilton ISD website on March 26, 2018 and will close on Monday, April 16,2018. Trustees will review candidate applications during the April 16, 2018 Board of Trustee meeting. Candidate interviews could be conducted during a special called meeting on a later date.
Eligibility—Texas Election Code Section 141.001
To qualify for appointment by the board of trustees, a person must meet the following requirements:
- United States citizen;
- Residence—one year in state and six months in the single-member trustee district from which the position is elected or, if running for the at large-position, six months in the school district prior to filing deadline (Texas Elec. Code, Section 141.001(a)).
- Age—18 years or older on the first day of the term to be filled;
- Must be a registered voter at time of election. (Texas Elec. Code, Section 141.001(a)(6); Texas Gov’t Code, Section 601.009).
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- totally mentally incapacitated; or
- partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
Filing for Appointment
People interested in being considered for appointment to fill vacancy must complete the following documents:
Dates for filing application and answers to questions: 8:00 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. March 26, 2018 to April 16, 2018
Where to File:
- In person: 905 Durango Ave., Chilton, TX 76632; Chilton ISD Administration Office
- By mail: Chilton ISD, Attention Lahoma Taylor, 905 Durango Ave., Chilton, TX 76632
Chilton ISD Trustee Vacancy Forms